Friday, April 1, 2011

Great Start to April

Up to 25 followers! Thank you Victoria for deciding to follow me. I love your blog and your sassy spirit. ♥

So the fast was successful! And surprisingly as the day went on it actually got easier. Tons of water and tea plus dance class was my savior yesterday, otherwise I don't think I could have done it.

All in all my fast lasted from March 30 at 9:00 pm to April 1 at 9:30 am. A total of 36.5 hours. I thought I might be able to extend it a little longer but I went to the gym with some friends and I knew I had to eat something, so I settled for 4 oz of oatmeal with 3/4 tbsp of brown sugar (100 cal) and a banana nut muffin (170). My workout burned 420 calories which puts me at -150 calories so far. I don't know if I'll be eating any more food today but I'll keep you all posted. Weighed in at 127.5 lbs so that made me feel a little better. Plus last night at dance class I wore these leggings that I bought from Rue 21 in January that didn't fit me so well and noticed that they definitely fit better. Pluses all around.

♥ Toni

Later: For lunch I had a little bit of a splurge. I had one beef tamale (90 cal), strawberry frozen yogurt (100), a bagel with one side cream cheese and one side butter (240 cal), some trail mix (50 cal), and a surprise treat. For once in my own dining hall there was homestyle ranch! I've only ever found it in other dining halls and it's never been in ours. I was so excited I just had to have some, so I had 3/4 tbsp of it and 8 carrots, some cucumber, and 3 baby corn (115 cal) factor it into the -150 from earlier and my total for the whole day is 445 calories, just 5 calories under my allowed total. Sigh...I'll try to do a lot better tomorrow.

Some good news though: I got a lot of comments on my weight today. It was kind of weird actually. My roommate and 4 other friends just all happened to say my waist looked little or my shorts looked baggier or my tummy was flatter. It was nice, and it's just giving me more motivation to do better. Hope you're all fine and well!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your fast! (: You're doing amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the 36 hour fast! Next time you can shoot for 48 hours! =) You're right about eating before the gym- exercising while fasting will leave you with little energy :/. That's great your friends are starting to comment on your weight loss- that goes to show that every little bit counts! Just a little encouragement in your life can give you so much motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi new follower :)
    I saw you said you were doing the apr-may slim down challenge. Mee too!

    Congrats on your fast and all those compliments! Thats awesome you're going to be reaching your goal weight in no time! Stay strong hun

    ReplyDelete