Friday, February 4, 2011

This week was shit.

That's really my biggest reason for not posting this past week. I've had so many things go wrong in the past 7 days, and only a handful of things go right. Let's start with the weight. I slipped up for a day or two last weekend, but got back on track by the start of the week. Good, right? Apparently the scale hasn't taken my dedication to heart yet. Instead of losing the pond or two I thought I would this week, I gained weight. And that's only the base of why I'm pissed off at the world.

On Wednesday I left for class really late (I accidentally slept in) and forgot to grab my school ID (which doubles as my room key). I come back 90 minutes later knowing one of my two roommates would still be sleeping, but even though I called them each 10 times no one answered. I pounded on the door for a good 10 minutes. POUNDED. And nothing, so I went down to get a temp card, my 3rd temp card this year, which means the next one I get I'll have to pay for it, and got back into my room. What do I see but one of my roommates asleep in her bunk. I was PISSED. There's absolutely NO WAY she didn't hear me banging on the door and calling her repeatedly. She's one of the lightest sleepers I've ever met. And on top of that I had left her a voicemail when I called telling her I was locked out. It's been 3 days, so she must have heard it by now. She hasn't said a word to me about it, so I'm pretty much not talking to her. This isn't even the first thing she's done to piss me off. She gets drunk all the time - to the point of throwing up and pissing her pants - and allows her friends to touch and mess with my things. I'm really done with her at this point. It's ridiculous.

Besides that I had a bogus pop quiz in my film class. The TA thinks no one reads the chapters the teacher assigns, so instead of asking us he gave us a quiz. Lovely, since I did all the reading but didn't understand it (film theory can be pretty difficult to sift through), so of course I couldn't answer any of the questions.

And the icing on top of the cake happened last night. I was sleeping over at Aaron's when we decided to go to sleep at 11:30, pretty early if you ask me. We were supposed to get up at 8, meaning I'd get a good 8 1/2 hour rest. This would have been the case if his roommate didn't stay up until 4 am playing WOW in his laptop. That wasn't the bad part, the fact that he was constantly pounding on the keys kept me up all night. I can fall asleep fairly well when people are typing on the computer, but he was shoving his fingers into the keys. I actually ended up crying because I was so tired and couldn't sleep, not to mention Aaron didn't do a thing about it. Every time I would get close and...type, type, type, type, hit the keys, type, type, type. So instead of 8 hours, I got 4.

Oh and another minor annoyance. I bought this really cool water bottle last weekend and lost it within 3 days. WTF.

The only good news I can come up with is the fact that I got a 100% on my Intro to Logic quiz. I was pretty excited, especially when I realized the quiz wasn't as easy for some people as I thought it was. Same with one of my midterms for another class. I ended up with an 86%, but out of a class of 35, only 9 got a B or above. So I guess in comparison my academic life is doing much better.

Sorry to rant. This week has just been the first truly awful week of my college life. I needed to share it with someone.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had a bad week. I hope the next week will be better for you.
    Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete